The Society publishes books and booklets on varied aspects of tramways and which, together with books from associated authors, can be purchased here on-line.
Large Scale Tramway Modelling
An Introduction and Guide By Peter Hammond and Peter Howard
New out. Order now!
A "Must Have" for all tramway modellers, at only £19.95. A4, glossy card covers, 148 pages, around 350 photographs, drawings and diagrams. Includes a 1:16 modeller's plan of an open-top "Preston car". Expanding on Peter Hammond's original work "An Introduction to Tramway Modelling", this is the definitive guide for large scale modellers. It contains all the information required to build model tramcars in 3/4" scale, with sections on other large scales (1:24, G etc.). As it has valuable details of the way the real tramcars were constructed, it also is extremely useful to modellers in any scale.
To see a review of this book from TLRS's Tramfare magazine: Click here.
The Manx Electric and Snaefell Mountain Railways
A Modeller & Historian's Inspiration by Robin G. Winter
A 180 page book at £19.95 (new price), over 400 photos, mostly in colour, plus maps and drawings. This fantastic book is not just for the model maker, the tourist will find it of equal interest. It shows you what the railways look like and provides suggestions and all the detail that you need should you be inspired to model them.
Order Large Scale Tramway Modeling and Manx Electric books together for £34.90 (save £5)
100 Years of Wolverhampton Tram 49
A 12 page booklet at £1.95, mostly in colour, featuring the story of the restoration of Wolverhampton tram 49 at the Black Country Living Museum, plus an explanation of the Lorain surface contact stud system which it originally used, reprinted from Tramfare with additional background material and pictures.
The Manchester Horse Tram
A 12 page booklet at £1.95 UK post free, mostly in colour, featuring the story of the restoration of Eades Patent reversible horse car L53 at Heaton Park, plus the history of the development of reversible horse cars and trucks, reprinted from Tramfare with additional background material and pictures.
Order Wolverhampton and Manchester Tramfare reprints together for £3.40
Toy and Model Trams of the World: Volume 1; Toys, Die Casts and Souvenirs by Gottfried Kure and David Voice.
This work is essential for the model tram collector, at £25.00 UK post free. It gives invaluable tips about collecting and looking after toy trams, then covers historical tinplate, tinplate after 1950, wood, card, die cast, plastic, all other materials, souvenirs and children's toys. More details
Toy and Model Trams of the World: Volume 2; Plastic, White Metal and Brass Models and Kits by Gottfried Kure and David Voice.
The second volume is aimed at the scale model tram enthusiast, at £30.00 UK post free. It covers both ready to run trams and kits in plastic, white metal and brass plus additional entries to update Volume 1. More details
Order both volumes together and save £10.00 !!!
The T.L.R.S. publishes an excellent bi-monthly magazine called Tramfare. The current issue can be purchased on-line for £3.60 UK post free. For back numbers, write to the address below.
All Prices include postage to the UK.
- Large Scale Tramway Modelling by Peter Hammond and Peter Howard at £19.95
- The Manx Electric and Snaefell Mountain Railways by Robin G. Winter at £19.95
If Large Scale Tramway Modelling and Manx Electric books are purchased together then the combined price is £34.90
- 100 Years of Wolverhampton Tram 49 (reprinted from Tramfare) at £1.95
- The Manchester Horse Tram (reprinted from Tramfare) at £1.95
If Wolverhampton and Manchester Tramfare reprints are purchased together then the combined price is £3.40
- Toy and Model Trams of the World: Volume 1; Toys, Die Casts and Souvenirs by Gottfried Kure and David Voice at £25.00
- Toy and Model Trams of the World: Volume 2; Plastic, White Metal and Brass Models and Kits by Gottfried Kure and David Voice at £30.00
If both T.& M.T. volumes are purchased together then the combined price is £45.00
- More Tramway Modelling in 'OO' Gauge by David Voice at £8.50
- How to go Tram and Tramway Modelling (3rd edition) by David Voice at £22.00. Special offer, now £17.00
- What Colour Was That Tram? by David Voice at £4.50
- Dick Kerr Story by J.H.Price at £3.50
- The British Tram, History's Orphan by A.W.Bond at £2.25
- Fare Systems, the Key to Success or Failure in Rail Transport by W.J.Wyse at £1.50
- The British Steam Tram by J.S.Webb at £3.75
- French Tramways in Pictures by J.R.Prentice at £3.75
- Restoring the Tramcar by A.D.Bacon at £3.00
- Innovation and Survival: The story of the Blackpool Tramway 1885-1985 by G.S.Palmer at £3.00
- Modernisation of the London Company Tramways by C.S.Smeeton at £3.00
- The Illustrated History of Kidderminster & Stourport Electric Tramways by David Voice at £4.00
- The Definitive Guide to Trams (inc. Funiculars) in the British Isles (3rd edition) by David Voice at £22.00
- Next Stop Seaton (2nd edition) by David Jay and David Voice at £21.00
- British Tramcar Manufacturers: British Westinghouse & Metropolitan-Vickers by David Voice at £17.00
- Freight on Street Tramways of the British Isles by David Voice at £13.00
- Works Tramcars of the British Isles by David Voice at £26.00
- 1:16 scale London Feltham tram drawing from John Prentice at £6.50. More details
- 1:40 scale London E/3 tram drawing from John Prentice at £3.25. More details
- The current edition of Tramfare at £3.60
- London County Council Tramways Vol. 1 by E.R.Oakley at £23.50
- London County Council Tramways Vol. 2 by E.R.Oakley at £26.50
If both L.C.C. volumes are purchased together then the combined price is £48.50
- London Transport Tramways 1933-1952 by E.R.Oakley & C.E.Holland at £29.50
- There are also a number of second hand books available by mail order only from the TLRS Estates service.
Download the current list, (new list 11/02/2014).
For a list of TLRS publications, please send an SAE.
All Prices include postage to the UK. Cheques (Sterling only) to be made payable to T.L.R.S..
- TLRS Publications (Ref:Web),
- 40 Weston Road,
- WS13 7NT.
- Tel: 01543 253916
Reload Home if you linked directly to this page
© Copyright Tramway & Light Railway Society 2016